[gmx-users] tabulated potential both on pairs and non-bonded interactions / different cutoffs

Claus Valka lastexile7gr at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 1 16:48:21 CEST 2008

Hello,

trying to implement my force field into gromacs I have figured out that it is of vital importance to use diferrent cut-offs among different kind of atoms.

I have 1-4 and 1-5 interactions with a set of epsilon and sigma parameters and the non bonded interactions (more than 4 bonds appart) with a different set. Every interaction among different type of atoms have different rvdw-switch and rvdw cutoffs.

As a result I have to use a tabulated potential both for 1-4 and 1-5 interactions AND non-bonded interactions (1-6 and above). My question is how is it possible someone to do that in gromacs. How gromacs would be able to discern whether the interaction is 3 or 4 bonds appart OR more than 4 bonds?

In case I cannot use tabulated potential for the interactions I'm
interested in, could I keep the pair interactions as they are up to now
under the pairs section and use at least tabulated potential for the
non-bonded interactions?

In any case of the above what would be the meaning of rvdw-switch and rvdw cutoffs in the mdp file?

The number of different interactions I have are 6. Is it possible while tabulating the non-bonded interactions to have both energy and pressure correction?

I have also seen that I can use reduced parameters (eplsilon and sigma) for all the non-bonded interactions, yet (correct me if I'm wrong) I do not think that this solves the problem of different cutoffs. That way only one interaction would have the correct cutoff.

Unfortunately all my efforts up to now with one global cutoff don't bring the anticipated results.

Thank you in advance,
Nikos

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.