[gmx-users] segmentation fault

rams rams rams.crux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:46:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

Let me explain what I did before posing the problem infront of you.

1. I started with my enzyme and processed it with pdb2gmx. I also processed
my insulin with pdb2gmx (using -merge). I have two top files and the *.itp
files corresponding to enzyme and insulin.

2. I copied the coordinates of insulin (_p.pdb) into the coordinates of the
enzyme _p.pdb. I did changed the name of the insu_p.top to insu_p.itp and
did added this to the _p.top file of my enzyme.

3. On this modified pdb file (x+y), i creaed the box and then neutralized
using the following command:

*genion -s MM_insu.tpr -o insu_pwi.pdb -conc 0.008 –neutral
*

If I use -p option to write the top file, it says fatal error *insu_pwi.pdb.
Its not writing this file.*

then I did tried adding the ions manually. I did added 62 Na and 39 Cl ions.
then it creaed the insu_pwi.pdb file and then made the corresponding changes
in the _p.top file. I did removed the corresponding number of water
molecuels from SOL and added Na and Cl numbers.

*
*

*4. Now I run grompp -f eminimization.mdp -c insu_pwi2MM.pdb -p insu_p.top
-o MM_insu.tpr*

it says the total charge of the system is -2. Though I used the correct
number of ions. while processing initial pdb2gmx, my protein has -21 charge
and insulin has -2 charge. So with 62 Na and 39 Cl, I added total 23 Na
ions. but still it says -2 is the charge. Am I making any mistake in the
process.

Ram.

4. I run