[gmx-users] mdrun -nice integer

Nuno Azoia nazoia at det.uminho.pt
Fri Jul 4 11:14:45 CEST 2008

Hi

"integer" means number, but not decimal. You can choose 2 or 3, but you
can not choose 2.5 or 2.2

The nicevalue value is one way of measure the priority of your process.
You can choose any value between -20 and 19. A processe with nice value
= -20 it's very high priority and with nice value = 19 it's very low
priority. Check your system processes to check the nice values of each one.

Nuno Azoia

Chih-Ying Lin wrote:
> Hi
> for the mdrun command,
> what does "-nice integer" mean?
>
> I have read the manual, but still have no idea for this.
>
> Thanks
> Lin

Nuno Gonçalo Azoia Lopes

Laboratório de Investigação em Acabamento
Departamento de Engenharia Têxtil
Universidade do Minho
Campus de Azurém
4800-058 Guimarães