[gmx-users] Error:Cannot determine precision of trn file

plmallip at mail.uh.edu plmallip at mail.uh.edu
Tue Jul 8 02:19:56 CEST 2008

Dear colleagues,

                  I successfully finished a 3 ns gromacs run using 40 nodes.  When, I tried to convert .trr file to .xtc using trjconv, the run stops at 560 frame giving error "cannot determimine precision of trn file". I tried various options like -skip, -b and -e, -dt option as well as -ndx option . But, each time, the run stops at 560.
                The second run I gave for 6 ns and this time, the trjconv stops at 1180 frame. I have observed the .trr files occupying huge memory space - 18 G for 3ns and 34 G for 6 ns runs respectively. Memory is not a problem, as I have lot of disk space available.
      My system is a pentamer with 1052 residues and 47201 water molecules.The simulation ran for 5 days.

I would be extremely thankful for any kind of suggestions in this regard.

Prema,
Graduate student,
University of Houston.