[gmx-users] Re: ffamber and ions

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:40:57 CEST 2008

Answering my self:

My ions.itp file was wrong. The correction is:

[ atoms ]
; id    type          resnr   residue     atom    cgnr   charge    mass
1       amber99_30      1       Cl         Cl       1     -1       35.45000
#endif

and so on.

Since I got my ions.itp from amber_ions.txt from
http://www.somewhereville.com/?p=114 it's also wrong there.

Basically, the error is that column cgnr is exchanged with column charge.

"Caveat Emptor"

Cheers,
Alan