[gmx-users] Enthalpy and entropy of binding from thermodynamic integration

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:55:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

You need to do some reading on thermodynamics.

The enthalpy and entropy are derivatives of the free energy,
so the answer is no.
For large systems the most efficient way to do it is to also determine
the free energy at a lower and/or higher temperature.
For small systems one can directly determine the enthalpy from
a long simulation, see for instance:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp0641029

Berk.