[gmx-users] Enthalpy and entropy of binding from thermodynamic integration

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 23:42:13 CEST 2008

Bob,

Berk is right. Essentially, it would be easy if we could accurately
compute, say, the total enthalpy of our two systems and simply
subtract. Unfortunately it's very hard to converge this quantity
(basically, subtracting two very large numbers where the error bars
are bigger than the difference you're interested in). This means that
one is reduced to one of the approaches Berk mentions, except for
small systems where it's possible to directly determine the enthalpy.

David