[gmx-users] Time evolution of lipidbilayer

minnale minnale_gnos at rediffmail.com
Mon Jun 9 13:13:29 CEST 2008

Hi all,
  This may be a trivial question
     I want to calculate "time evolution of area per lipid"
 The steps I have done are
 1. Extracted BoxX and BoxY values of 5ns_popc.edr by using g_energy command.
 2. I have written code for calculating area per lipid in way that boxX multiply with boxY divided by 64
 3. I have got the plot in this way
    **0 to 1000ps ---- started the value 0.609678 nm^2/N ended with 0.642679(shows high peak)
    **then 1000 to 4000ps  shows silght variation with 0.64 value( nearly straight line)
    **at 4000ps the value increased to 0.653465 ( high peak) from there it reduced again to 0.647856

I want to ask you that the way values are got correct? and suggest me some articles regarding area per lipid

Thanks for your aprreciation.