[gmx-users] system contains proteins and DNAs with ffamber99

Vigneshwar Ramakrishnan vmsrvignesh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 10:33:05 CEST 2008

hi,

I think the answer to both of your questions is YES!
Though, I have used ffamber03 for simulating protein+DNA. But I guess it
shouldn't matter.

Regards,
Vignesh

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Dechang Li <li.dc06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
>    Sometimes,the PDB file contains water molecules which only have the
> oxygen atom. Can
> Gromacs add the hydrogen atoms of the water molecules?
>
>    Additionly, when use Gromacs with the force field ffamber99, Can it add
> the hydrogen
> atoms of the DNA? Can I use the force field ffamber99 to simulate the
> system which contains
> proteins and DNAs?
>

> Best regards,

> Dechang Li, PhD Candidate
> Department of Engineering Mechanics
> Tsinghua University
> Beijing 100084
> PR China
>
> Tel:   +86-10-62773779(O)
> Email: lidc02 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn

R.Vigneshwar
Graduate Student,
Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engg,
National University of Singapore,
Singapore

"Strive for Excellence, Never be satisfied with the second Best!!"

"The rewards of sincere resolves are highs money can never buy!"