[gmx-users] Re:: Specified frame doesn't exist or file not seekable

sudheer babu sudheer.pbm07 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 18:12:14 CEST 2008

I am having the evidence that I have drawn RMSD plot for 7.25ns
simulation, in rmsd.xvg file showed the values of the time(ps),
mentioned in *trjconv command

Im pasting my .mdp file

title               =  dpt_prod
constraints         =  hbonds
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.002
nsteps              =  500000
nstcomm             =  1

;output control statements
nstxout             =  100
nstlog              =  100
nstenergy           =  100
nstlist             =  10
~
~

My idea of doing this trjconv command is by mistaken I have deleted
7thns .trr but I have that file in .xtc format, so I am trying to get
7ns file in .trr format for continue my simualation

Thanks in advance.

sudheer babu wrote:
>* Hi all,
*>*        I am having 7.25ns trajectory file , I am trying to pick up
*>* 6250ps to 7250 ps  trajectory file from whole trajectory by using trjconv,
*>* Command line is
*>*     *trjconv  -f  7.25ns.xtc  -s  pr.tpr  -o 6.25_7.25_out.trr  -b
*>* 6250  -e  7250
*>*      selected  " system " for getting output
*>*  it showed the following error
*>* -----------------------------------------------------------------
*>* Program trjconv, VERSION 3.3.1
*>* Source code file: trxio.c, line: 635
*>*
*>* Fatal error:
*>* Specified frame doesn't exist or file not seekable
*>* -----------------------------------------------------------------------
*
>That sounds pretty specific to me. What's your evidence that the file is
>seekable and these frames exist?

>Check that your .mdp file options should have caused XTC output to be
>written in this time. Then look at a gmxdump of this .trr file.

>It's not relevant to the problem, but there's almost no value in writing
>XTC input in .trr format on output.

>*  I have found few discussions in gmx-archives regarding this problem and
*>* due to BUG in source code its showing error.
*