[gmx-users] charge in genbox

Serena Leone sleone at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 18 21:50:03 CEST 2008

Hello

I've recently started using Gromacs, and I'm trying to model a charged
polypeptide. I built it either with maestro or pymol, I generated
the .top and .gro, and according to the topology files it has the
expected charge (+5). When I try to generate the water box, after
running genbox and before running genion, I notice that the total system
charge is reported to be 0. Does anybody knows what I am overlooking?
Thanks a lot

Have a great day

Serena

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.