[gmx-users] charge in genbox

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 18 22:09:28 CEST 2008

I've seen genbox report that the charge on the system is 0 as well, even
if my protein is charged.  I don't think it means anything, but it is
strange that it comes up.  It's never caused a problem for me, so I
guess that's why I never investigated it further!

-Justin

Serena Leone wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've recently started using Gromacs, and I'm trying to model a charged
> polypeptide. I built it either with maestro or pymol, I generated
> the .top and .gro, and according to the topology files it has the
> expected charge (+5). When I try to generate the water box, after
> running genbox and before running genion, I notice that the total system
> charge is reported to be 0. Does anybody knows what I am overlooking?
> Thanks a lot
>
> Have a great day
>
> Serena
>

> The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
> for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
> and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
> use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
> entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
> information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
> properly dispose of this information.

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080