[gmx-users] problem with mpi configuration.

Diego Enry diego.enry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:54:19 CET 2008

Since you didn't show us the problems you met.. try following this:

#1) Download essential packages
#1.1) mpich
wget http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/mpich2-1.0.6p1.tar.gz

#1.2) fftw
wget ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.1.2.tar.gz

#1.3) gromacs
wget ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/gromacs/gromacs-3.3.2.tar.gz

#2) compile packages:

#2.1)  mpich
tar xvfz mpich2-1.0.6p1.tar.gz
cd mpich2-1.0.6p1
make distclean
./configure --with-device=ch3:nemesis --enable-fast --disable-cxx
--enable-error-checking=no CFLAGS=-O3 FFLAGS=-O3
make
make install
make distclean
cd ..

#2.2)  fftw single
tar xvfz fftw-3.1.2.tar.gz
cd fftw-3.1.2
make distclean
./configure --enable-float --enable-sse --enable-threads
make
make install
make distclean
cd ..

#2.3) gromacs single
tar xvfz gromacs-3.3.2.tar.gz
cd gromacs-3.3.2
./configure --enable-mpi --program-suffix=_mpi --prefix=/usr/local/gromacs332
make
make install
make links
make distclean
cd ..

#2.4)  fftw double
cd fftw-3.1.2
./configure --enable-sse2 --enable-threads
make
make install
make distclean
cd ..

#2.2) gromacs double
cd gromacs-3.3.2
./configure --enable-mpi --program-suffix=_mpi_d
--prefix=/usr/local/gromacs332 --enable-double
make
make install
make links
make distclean
cd ..

--
Diego Enry B. Gomes
Laboratório de Modelagem e Dinamica Molecular