[gmx-users] Data generated by g_sas

Daniel Larsson larsson at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Mar 5 20:02:02 CET 2008

 From what I can see in the source the second column is the averaged
area from the whole trajectory and the third column is the standard
deviation.

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong.

- Daniel

On Mar 5, 2008, at 13:54, mon_sharma at research.iiit.ac.in wrote:

> Hello All,
> This might sound a bit stupid question. But I have no idea about
> it. So here I am asking it.
> I am using g_sas to calculate the solvent accessible area. But I am
> not able to understand the values the program is giving out. I am
> using options -or and -oa to get it plotted per residue and atom.
> It generates three columns data per residue-type and atom-type
> output. First column for Residue# or atom#. I am confused what the
> second and third columns corresponds to? If anyone can suggest me.
> There are no legends provided in the xvgr file generated either.
>
> Thanking you,
> Regards,
> Monika

> posting!

---

Daniel Larsson
Molecular Biophysics group
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
Uppsala University

+46-18-471 4006 (phone)
+46-18-511 755  (fax)
http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~larsson