[gmx-users] Postdoc/staff scientist opportunities: Gromacs & free energy

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Sun Mar 16 11:13:29 CET 2008

Hi,

We've recently landed two major grants focused on membrane proteins/
ion channels and pushing new types of parallelization and free energy
calculation algorithms in Gromacs. The projects will be quite
flexible, but some of the important things we want to address are
mixed shared-memory/MPI parallelization, enabling efficient
neighborlists on streaming architectures, and development of more
automated tools for large-scale free energy calculations and drug
design applications (particularly for ion channels).

The location will primarily be my group at the Center for Biomembrane
Research at Stockholm University, although we have close
collaborations both with Uppsala 70km away (David) and Stanford
University (slightly further away than 70km :-)).

Depending on candidates, there are opportunities both for 2-year
postdoctoral positions as well as longer-term staff scientist (5
years) or even assistant professorship appointments.

Feel free to drop me a line if you're a finishing PhD student or
postdoc who might be interested, and I'd be happy if you want to
spread the the word to your local students!

Cheers,

Erik Lindahl