[gmx-users] modify the distance constraints force constant during the simulation

Andrea Bortolato andrea.bortolato at mssm.edu
Wed May 7 16:52:21 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I would like to increase linearly the force constant of some distance constraints during my MD and then decrease it:

2 ps for 100 cycles with the force constant being raised by 50 kj mol^(-1) nm^(-2)

2 ps for 100 cycles with the force constant being reduced by 50 kj mol^(-1) nm^(-2)

is there a way to do it with gromacs? I looked carefully in the manual and in the mailing list too, but I couldn't find an option to do this

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

--
Andrea Bortolato, PhD