[gmx-users] mpi.h is missing...

Dmitri Dubov ddubov at ngs.ru
Mon May 12 08:43:25 CEST 2008

Dear GMX users,

Sorry for my stupid question, but unfortunately I'am very poor programmer...
Earlier I have installed gromacs 3.3.3 under SUSE Linux 10.3 both in single and in double precision mode. Both versions work well. Now I try to add MPI version of mdrun (useful for my Dual Core Intel machine!). lam-mpi and libaio have been installed. But building mdrun_mpi I fail to pass "configure" step. The error is "Cannot compile and link MPI code with cc".
In config.log I see the reason: cc does not find mpi.h. I look for this header through the whole filesystem - any *mpi.h is really missing!

I would be very grateful to all for useful comments...

Dmitri