[gmx-users] hybrid or Hamiltonian REMD in gromacs

Mu Yuguang (Dr) YGMu at ntu.edu.sg
Tue May 13 12:18:14 CEST 2008

Dear David,
Recently we have developed hybrid or Hamiltonian REMD method by
modifying gromacs source code. If interested see our two JCP papers.

If you, developers of GROMACS, are interested in including such method
in new version of gromacs release. I am very pleased to share the idea
here:

In REMD module we let gromacs to load other programs, such as tinker or
Delphi to calculate the energies. These energies, instead of total
energies of the system, are input to REMD to calculate the exchange
probabilities.

Regards
Yuguang

Assist. Prof. Dr. Yuguang Mu