[gmx-users] dssp or xpm2ps?

andrea_guarnera at libero.it andrea_guarnera at libero.it
Tue May 13 16:42:57 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I have a big problem about the usage of the command do_dssp. Ok, I have
downloaded the file dsspcmbi from this link
 ftp://ftp.cmbi.ru.nl/pub/molbio/software

Of course, I have sended the license fax before. After I downloaded the
file I renamed it simply as dssp and I copied that in
the /usr/local/bin/ where the command do_dssp looks for it.
As I lanch the command

do_dssp -s md.tpr -f traj.xtc

It seems that all works fine... But the output (ss.xpm) shows only a
white line and when I launch the command

xpm2ps -f ss.xpm -o plot.eps

I have this output

There are 1 matrices in ss.xpm
        Matrix 0 is 501 x 7
        Segmentation fault (core dumped)

And there's no .eps file as result!!!

I must tell you that the executive dssp works fine alone, I tested it.
So could anyone help me please?
Thanks