[gmx-users] Force field parameters in water or in vacuum?

Chih-Ying Lin chihying2008 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:58:30 CEST 2008

Hi
For one molecule, will Gromacs give the same set of force field
parameters to this molecule no matter this molecule is put in water or
in vacuum?
The bond length, the bond angle, and the dihedral angles of the same
molecule will be different in water and in vacuum.
So, will the force field parameters be changed/ adjusted in water than
in vacuum?

How does Gromacs set the force field parameters for the molecule?
I mean..... are the force field paramters determined in local or in global?
Could I change parts of  the force field parameters which I found from
the published paper?
Or, I could not change parts of the force field parameters; instead, I
have to change the whole set of the force field
parameters???

Thank you
Lin