[gmx-users] dihedral parameters in oplsaa

friendli friendli2000 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:16:09 CEST 2008

Thanks David and Mark for the advice. But I think I did not state it
very clearly.

It is not 9 sets of dihedrals which share the same parameters are found
in the output by gmxdump. But 9 of the 15 dihedrals exist in this
molecule are listed. They are under Ryckaert-Bell. As for the function
types, there are only two.

I pastes the relevant part this time.  The missing parameter dihedrals
are labeled with ; **.

from .top file,
[ dihedrals ]
;  ai    aj    ak    al funct            c0            c1
c2            c3            c4            c5
    2     1     5     6     3
    2     1     5     7     3
    2     1     5     8     3
    3     1     5     6     3
    3     1     5     7     3
    3     1     5     8     3
    4     1     5     6     3
    4     1     5     7     3
    4     1     5     8     3
    1     5     8     9     3     ; **
    1     5     8    10     3    ; **
    6     5     8     9     3     ; **
    6     5     8    10     3    ; **
    7     5     8     9     3     ; **
    7     5     8    10     3    ; **
from  gmxdump,
       Ryckaert-Bell.:
            nr: 45
            multinr[division over processors]: 45
            iatoms:
               0 type=47 (RBDIHS) 1 0 4 5
               1 type=47 (RBDIHS) 1 0 4 6
               2 type=48 (RBDIHS) 1 0 4 7
               3 type=47 (RBDIHS) 2 0 4 5
               4 type=47 (RBDIHS) 2 0 4 6
               5 type=48 (RBDIHS) 2 0 4 7
               6 type=47 (RBDIHS) 3 0 4 5
               7 type=47 (RBDIHS) 3 0 4 6
               8 type=48 (RBDIHS) 3 0 4 7
for identify the atom numbers,
[ atoms ]
;   nr       type  resnr residue  atom   cgnr     charge       mass
typeB    chargeB      massB
     1   opls_287      1    GLY      N      1       -0.3    14.0067   ;
qtot -0.3
     2   opls_290      1    GLY     H1      1       0.33      1.008   ;
qtot 0.03
     3   opls_290      1    GLY     H2      1       0.33      1.008   ;
qtot 0.36
     4   opls_290      1    GLY     H3      1       0.33      1.008   ;
qtot 0.69
     5   opls_298      1    GLY     CA      1       0.09     12.011   ;
qtot 0.78
     6   opls_140      1    GLY    HA1      1       0.06      1.008   ;
qtot 0.84
     7   opls_140      1    GLY    HA2      1       0.06      1.008   ;
qtot 0.9
     8   opls_271      1    GLY      C      2        0.7     12.011   ;
qtot 1.6
     9   opls_272      1    GLY     O1      2       -0.8    15.9994   ;
qtot 0.8
    10   opls_272      1    GLY     O2      2       -0.8    15.9994   ;
qtot 0

regards

LQ