[gmx-users] Problems with grompp and posre.itp in gromacs 4.0

Nuno Azoia nazoia at det.uminho.pt
Wed Nov 5 16:08:35 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 07:57 -0500, Justin A. Lemkul wrote:
> Please remember to keep all correspondence on the list for archiving purposes.
> Also, others out there may have information to contribute.

Sorry about that. I just press Reply and I didn't check the e-mail
address.

I've solved the problem with your help.

I've tried what you have told me but I get the same error message.
Calling an .itp file within a .itp file always works with me (in version
3.3.1), but it makes more sense the way you describe, declaring
everything in the .top file.

The problem seems to be the posre.itp file itself. Even with the 3 files
I've told you (posre_A.itp, posre_B.itp and posre_C.itp), grompp needs a
posre.itp file. So the solution was to create a empty posre.itp file.
Now it's clear to me that my first option (see below the description of
the first posre.itp file I've created) makes no sense because by that
way I was calling each posre_*.itp file twice: once in the .top file and
the other in posre.itp file. Grommp was reading the posre.itp file
first, without any reference to any molecule, and it just don't work.

Thank you very much!

Nuno Azoia