[gmx-users] appropriate time constant and forces for distance restraints

Arthur Roberts aroberts99163 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 01:44:41 CET 2008

Hi, all,

Question #1:   Appropriate time constant for distance restraints.

I am docking a small molecule to a macromolecule and I was wondering
what would be an appropriate value for a time constant.   I was
thinking that a time constant that is equal to the time for a single
rotation would be appropriate.

Question #2:   Appropriate force constant for distance restraints

Same situation as Question #1, but with a force constant.  I currently
choose force constants kind of arbitrarily.

I would really appreciate your input.

Art Roberts
University of Washington

(References would also be helpful.)