[gmx-users] Where to find the debugged versions of gromacs ?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 17 12:46:55 CET 2008

rashmi_chem at iitb.ac.in wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Gromacs for protein folding studies. I was going through the
> existing bugs listed for different versions of gromacs in bugzilla, and
> found that many have been resolved. My question is where do i find these
> bug resolved Gromacs versions?
> For example in version 3.3.3, there is a bug listed about the segmentation
> fault related to program g_anaeig. when this bug is removed where do you
> put the debugged version? which site or ftp?

If a bug is resolved on bugzilla, then the fixed version would almost
certainly be in the next code release. It would be in the CVS version
before that release if you were to need access to the fix. (See GROMACS
website or wiki.) However one should not routinely use a CVS version
without carefully inspecting the change logs and bug statuses, lest
there be some new bug introduced by the other work going on around the
time you got your CVS version.

If you really need some fix, then work out how to apply just the CVS
changes pertinent to your fix. If you don't need a fix for some known
issue relevant to your simulation, then don't worry about it until you do!