[gmx-users] Finding centroid for a bunch of residues

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 6 13:25:13 CEST 2008

vivek sharma wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This is the question out of gromacs..but I need it urgently.. and I hope
> this is the only place where I can get such expert to solve my query...
> while trying to restrict my MDRUN for a particular site of the protein
> molecule I want to visualize the site and find out the centroid for the
> particular site......
>
> Is there any visualization tool that can do the same ..
> I mean Is there any molecular visualization tool that can help in
> finding out the ...centroid between a group of resuidues ?

You will likely have to write a script that will do this for you.  It can be
accomplished, for example, with VMD, although my own personal experience with
such scripting is somewhat limited.  See for example:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/5963.html

That may give you some ideas.

-Justin

> With Thanks,