[gmx-users] Re: Finding centroid for a bunch of residues

Michael Hirtz hirtz at uni-muenster.de
Mon Oct 6 13:11:43 CEST 2008

Hi Vivek,

> adding a little to my question, can I view the co-ordinate of an atom
> by pointing at it using mouse or can I select an atom by specifying its
> co-ordinate only..?
> Does any of the tool in chimera, pymol, vmd is having such facility.?

In VMD the coordinates of an atom you click on will be shwon in the console
after pressing "0" (zero, not O :) while the OpenGL display is in focus (or
selecting "Query" in the "Mouse" menu.

You can select an atom by giving an appropriate selection under
"Graphics"-"Representations"-"Selected Atoms" - like "x = 1.0 and y = 1.0 and

Best,
  Michael
--
http://www.defux.de