[gmx-users] trjcat

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Oct 7 17:48:29 CEST 2008

rams rams wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I tried to create a trajectory file from a set of pdb files (infact
> several of them) starting from time frame 0 to lets say 100 with an
> interval of 1ps each. If I use the following command,
>
> trjconv -f  0.xtc 1.xtc ......100.xtc -o .xtc
>
> its resuling only one frame (I think its not stiching them).
>
> If I use "-settime" along with the above command, it is stiching all the
> frames, but its asking for the start time for each frame. Its really
> difficult to mention the start times for several hundred frames. Is
> there any way we can handle this.

The best way to do this would be to develop a script to do it for you.  Assuming
you have files named like frame_0.pdb, frame_1.pdb, etc:

#!/bin/bash

for file in `ls | grep frame`; do

         temp=${file#frame_}
         num=${temp%.pdb}

	trjconv -f $file -s $file -o traj_$file -t0 $num

done

(Haven't tested that, so it might not be perfect)

Then they frames (now called, for example, traj_frame_0.pdb) can be assembled
with trjcat, without having to specify -settime, since trjconv will have
assigned them a time value.

-Justin

> Thanks.
> Ram.