[gmx-users] two pdb files

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:09:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

Gromacs doesn't use residue numbers and atom numbers anyway. No
problem just concatenating a la Justin. If you still have to run
pdb2gmx, it may be better to have different chain identifiers. On tthe
other hand, it may be better to run pdb2gmx before concatenation
(which you probably have done already).

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> Vitaly Chaban wrote:
>>
>> Hi Justin,
>>
>> The only problem of you way is that numbers in the resulting '.gro'
>> (after editconf -f *.pdb) file are wrong. But I still need it for the
>> calculation, of course.
>>

> The resulting .pdb will have to be modified slightly, as Florian noted.  You
> can then renumber it with genconf -renumber to get continuous numbering.
>
> If you need unique chain identifiers, that sort of thing could also be
> scripted if they are not already present.
>
> -Justin
>
>> Do you know any software to succeed with this task?
>> I tried to do it with MOLEKEL but (when I ask to save as PDB) it saves
>> only the first structure (from the first PDB file).
>>
>> Thanks, Vitaly

>> JAL> cat pdb1.pdb pdb2.pdb > pdb_both.pdb
>>
>> JAL> -Justin

> Justin A. Lemkul