[gmx-users] two pdb files

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Oct 15 13:56:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday, 15. October 2008, Vitaly Chaban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two pdb files of two equal boxes (with different particles in
> them). I want just to concatenate them. I cannot do it with genbox
> because it inserts only a part of one box into another. But the boxes
> are absolutely equal. Thus, I need to insert box 'I' into box 'II'.
> The boxes are made in such a way that the molecules don't intersect
> after insertion.

you can easily merge both files if the atoms do not overlap with

cat

you have to delete CRYSTAL and remarks line and perhaps cahnge numbering.

> Does anybody know how to do it?
>
> Or the same with .gro files?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Vitaly

Greetings,

Florian

 Dr. Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Telephone:  	+49(0) − 9131 − 85 26573
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de