[gmx-users] Hamiltonian replica exchange

marcos arloa at mail.fcq.unc.edu.ar
Thu Oct 16 00:13:25 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 10:43 +0200, Berk Hess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you mean exactly with Hamiltonian replica exchange?

I would like to do H-RexMD with backbone torsional bias, as an
alternative to T-RexMD for peptide folding.

Each replica run at the same Temp but with a different force field.
The replicas are exchanged according to

Delta = beta [ En(Xm) - Em(Xm) + Em(Xn) - En(Xn) ]

if the energy on every replica differs only by a torsional potential
bias V(X) scaled by f(i) in every replica i,

En(Xm) - Em(Xm) = [f(n) - f(m)] V(Xm) and

Delta = beta [f(n) - f(m)] [V(Xm) - V(Xn)]

This is eq. 8 in Affentranger et. al.
http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/abstract.cgi/jctcce/2006/2/i02/abs/ct050250b.html

The idea of backbone torsional bias is from Kannan and Zacharias
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17120231
They fold peptides with only 5-7 replicas.

Saludos,
         Marcos.