[gmx-users] DFLEXIBLE parameter

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:56:20 CET 2008

Hi,

The simple answer is: NEVER EVER do simulation with -DFLEXIBLE for water.
The results will be nonsense, as the standard water models have only been parametrized
with rigid bonds and angles.

The only use for this option used to be energy minimization.
But as of Gromacs 4.0, all minimizers work with constraints,
so now you really never need -DFLEXIBLE.

Berk