[gmx-users] RE: Potential energy of POPC (minnale )

Carsten Selle selle at physik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Sep 2 14:42:48 CEST 2008

Hi minnale,

Regarding the length of your simulation: (in lack of other experience)
some criteria for assumption of (a kind of) equilibrium in membrane
simulations are listed in section 2. 6 of C. Kandt et al., Methods 41
(2007), 475-488. These authors recommend "monitoring the dimensions of
the simulation box, lipid properies and energies". For more details
please cf. the paper.  Personally, I think that 5 ns sounds a bit on the
short side. However, as it is also stated: "Unfortunately, it is
difficult to suggest exact criteria..."

Hope that helps, best wishes,
Carsten

--