[gmx-users] Visualizing g_sdf on a Mac

Florian Dommert dommert at fias.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Sep 3 03:58:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

  somebode told me, that VMD is also able to render the SDF plot.
However I have not tested it so far.

Good Luck,

Flo

On 03.09.2008, at 01:28, Matt Wyczalkowski wrote:

> I'm looking into using g_sdf for analysis.  The instructions suggest
> using gOpenMol: "The output will be a binary 3D-grid file
> (gom_plt.dat) in the .plt format that can be be read directly by
> gOpenMol."
>
> However, the gOpenMol web site does not distribute Mac binaries (nor
> source).  I am using Mac OS X 10.5 (ppc).
>
> Are gOpenMol Mac binaries available?  Or, are there alternative
> visualization packages which would be suitable for displaying g_sdf
> output?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt
> posting!

Florian Dommert
Dipl.-Phys.

Computational and Theoretical Softmatter & Biophysics group

Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe University

Ruth-Moufang-Str. 1
60438 Frankfurt am Main

Phone: +49(0)69 / 798 - 47522