[gmx-users] How generate top file with all hydrogen atomes

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 4 12:08:02 CEST 2008

Morteza Khabiri wrote:
> Dear
>
> I have been trying to use the PRODRG server to generate GROMACS topology
> files for some organic molecules.But unfortunately the PRODRG server
> automatically deletes all hydrogens and only (re)creates "polar"
> hydrogens. However, I also want to "keep" the H atoms conected to the
> aromatic carbons but it doesn't have any separated H atom at generated top
> file.
> wHITH THIS TOP file i couldn't use other forcefields becuase just the
> groamacs is the unified atom and others attent to H atoms separately.
> Is there any way to solve this problem.

You will have to create your own topology if you want to use an all-atom model.
  See the dozens of posts in the archives about this topic, as well as the
following:

http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Parameterization

Note that deriving parameters for new molecules is an advanced topic, and
requires careful work and lots of time!

-Justin

> thanks in advance and with kind regards,
>
> Your sincerely,
>

> Morteza
>

> Ph.D student of Biophysics
> Laboratory of High performance computing
> Institute of Systems Biology and Ecology ASCR
> Institute of Physical Biology,
> University of South Bohemia
> Zamek 136 373 33, Nove Hrady
> Czech Republic