[gmx-users] printing coords ; energies

Omer Markovitch omermar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 14:45:32 CEST 2008

Dear All,
I would like to consult you on the following two things:

1) I have a small, preanalysis, routine I would like to run each time a
frame is written and added to the trajectory file.
After some checking, I believe that, in the file "*stat.c*", the routine
"*void write_xtc_traj(FILE *log,t_commrec *cr,
      char *xtc_traj,t_nsborder *nsb,t_mdatoms *md,
      int step,real t,rvec *xx,matrix box,real prec)*"
is the routine actually printing each frame.
Is this true or perhaps I've missed something?

2) Regarding energies - where are the energies stored? I mean the energy per
type?
In which file & variable is this defined?
I understand that these values are printed to the log file (usually named
md.log), but I failed to locate the exact functions dealing with this.

Thanks, Omer.

Koby Levy research group,
Weizmann Institute of Science.
http://www.weizmann.ac.il/sb/faculty_pages/Levy/