[gmx-users] Re: Gromacs Installation

Luciano Costa ltcnikit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 20:16:47 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Jussi wrote:

> >Sorry for the rant, but...
>
> >IN NO CIRCUMSTANCE MUST YOU DO THIS WHEN GLIBC IS IN >QUESTION!
> >THIS IS GUARANTEED TO BREAK YOUR SYSTEM!
>
> >The correct way is to rebuild Gromacs for your distribution. Either do
> >the compilation manually or build a source RPM (SRPM) with rpmbuild.

Sorry Jussi, you are correct. I would'n want to say for erase glibc. Using
rpmbuild and rebuild GMX for own distribution is the better choice. However
I would like to say that Ubuntu and Debian comunities shared the last
version of gromacs and fftw packages and you install it with only one
command:

apt-get install gromacs fftw

Regards,

Luciano