[gmx-users] ask for help

zhang zhlrui at 163.com
Fri Sep 19 10:44:14 CEST 2008

 Dear all
    Thank you for browsing my question.When I run a K ion channel, I added DOPC bilayer membrane, at the first mdrun, Gromacs program got Range checking error:

Explanation: During neighborsearching, we assign each particle to a grid
based on its coordinates. If your system contains collisions or parameter
errors that give particles very high velocities you might end up with some
coordinates being +-Infinity or NaN (not-a-number). Obviously, we cannot
put these on a grid, so this is usually where we detect those errors.
Make sure your system is properly energy-minimized and that the potential
energy seems reasonable before trying again.
Variable ci has value -2147483648. It should have been within [ 0 .. 24389 ]
    Why this error appears?
My em.mdp

 title = comp_dop_water
cpp = /lib/cpp; locationof cpp on SGI