[gmx-users] Re: Calculating Temperature from Velocity

Andy Shelley robert.shelley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:58:52 CEST 2008

A few more questions added to my first response.  When calculating the
Temperature should I use the mass of the molecule or of the atoms times the
velocity of the atoms or velocity of the molecule? Also, when looking at the
output of g_traj if I create a small group of atoms close to each other, say
10-12 atoms, the temperature of these atoms varies alot while the
temperature the whole system does not, why is this?  Is there a way to
accurately determine the temperature of a small number of atoms?

Thanks again,
Andy