[gmx-users] Error with equilibration of DPPC membrane with protein

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 1 14:43:23 CEST 2009

Edvin Erdtman wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have tried with no cutoff, as I have written in former emails, but
> that was when we got trouble with LINCS warnings. We then thought that
> we could try to continue remove lipids in the compression-steps to get
> rid of that LINCS warnings, and to have a stable system!
> Is it maybe the protein that is the problem - need to be more minimized?

Maybe yes, maybe no.  If I remember your original post, you are doing the
annealing with Nose-Hoover as the thermostat.  IIRC, N-H does not respond well
to changes in temperature (it fluctuates a lot).  Maybe try your protocol using
a weak coupling scheme, Berendsen or V-rescale?

-Justin

> /Edvin
>

> Justin A. Lemkul wrote:
>>
>> Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

>>> Why are you using a cutoff during the compression phase?  You will
>>> continue to delete lipids!  I have never had a problem if I scale up
>>> by a factor of 4, with a 1.4-nm cutoff, then compress by a factor of
>>> 0.95 (with no cutoff).
>>>
>>> Maybe that will make a difference?
>>>
>>> -Justin

Justin A. Lemkul