[gmx-users] OPLS-AA forcefield parameters

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 4 22:22:32 CEST 2009

Jacob Harvey wrote:
> Justin,
>
> How do I go about running topolgen on a linux system? There doesn't seem
> to be instructions for use, but I'm not familiar with perl scripts. Also
> I'd just like to say thank you for all your help. You've been really
> good with responding to my e-mail. I know that you have referenced
> chapter 5 in the manual multiple times, and I can assure you that I have
> read that chapter several times. I am a first year graduate student who
> is very new to molecular dynamics so some of the material is not trivial
> to me. Thank you again!

To execute:

perl topolgen.pl input.pdb

Guess I forgot to include that in the README; my mistake.  I'm working on making
the script better, so I'll update that for a future release.  Also be warned
that I have not extensively tested the script beyond some basic small molecules.
  Please run some test simulations before collecting any real data.

There are also a number of tutorials on the Gromacs wiki.  The one written by
Tsjerk is especially good at diagramming the flow of the programs, input/output,
and how everything is put together.  If you are unfamiliar with Gromacs, try out
some tried-and-true methodology on known systems before simulating some bizarre
system.  It will save you a lot of headaches.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080