[gmx-users] Pressure Coupling Problem

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Wed Apr 8 06:31:42 CEST 2009

Hi Ilya,

First thing that comes to mind is that it is strange to couple a
coulombic switching function with PME. While this could possibly be
done correctly, I doubt that it is in fact done in the way that you
expect (i.e. correctly) in gromacs. In fact, I think that grompp/mdrun
should probably throw an error here -- unless it is actually handled
in the proper way, and a developer could help you here to figure out
if you are indeed getting what you desire.

coulombtype              = PME
rcoulomb-switch          = .9
rcoulomb                 = 1.0

However, it is not clear to me that this should cause a system to
"continuously expand".

Still, you do not give very good information about what you mean by
"continuously expand". Can you please provide some information on
that? e.g. amount of time and total volume change.

Chris