[gmx-users] problem in increasing lipid bilayer size and to know about net charge on protein

nitu sharma sharmanitu35 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:55:29 CEST 2009

Hi justin

                  Thanks for tutorial of membrane protein simulation its
very useful for us . But  I want to ask  two basic question -
1.The lipid bilayer I have downloded from teleman sir website is so small in
comparision with my protein the suitable box vector for my protein is  13nm
13nm and 5nm w.r.t XYZ but the lipid bilayer
vector is 6.52270 ,6.54870 ,6.03310. So I want to increase the size of lipid
bilayer w.r.t my protein that means it should be same size.
can you suggest me how "genconf "command useful in doing this .

2. I want to know the net charge present on my protein can u suggest me how
can it become possible .