[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users] Mopac7 / Gromacs 4.0.4 Issue

Matthew Lardy lardy.ma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:57:51 CEST 2009

Gerrit,
First, I realized that it didn't complete my thought about why the
./configure fails. ld is simply unable to find the -lmopac library.  It
seems that I have gotten around that by adding the mopac information into
pkgconfig directory (by way of creating a .pc file and placing it into the
/usr/lib/pkgconfig directory.

Back to the real problem...  So I have turned away from using the intel
compilers, to eliminate that as a variable.  Fortunately I have f2c already
installed, so that isn't a problem.  I modified the LIBS variable in the
Makefile to match your line.  Still I get the same error.

I was hopeful that I would get Mopac to merge with Gromacs, as the Gaussian
merger looked even more painful.  But I think that I am done looking at
getting Mopac in.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Matthew