[gmx-users] pull code absolute reference artifacts

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:46:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have no clue why you would want to fix the peptide in the middle of the box.
But what you want seems to be more like com removal for the peptide only
with the comm options.
The pull code will do approximately what you want, but with pressure coupling
there is the problem that your peptide will stay fixed in space, while the rest
of the system has to scale around it.

In general there are problems with absolute reference pulling, because you just
fix the location of the pull group, whereas the rest of the system can freely move,
thus the net effect is zero, except for lots of nasty artifacts when you change
the pull position too fast.

Berk