[gmx-users] Segmentation Fault (Address not mapped)

Dallas B. Warren Dallas.Warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
Tue Aug 4 03:56:54 CEST 2009

> And, by the way, I have resolved the segmentation fault problem. It
was
> being caused by the freezing of the graphene lattice. When I removed
> the
> freezing, I saw the graphene structure curl upward and am thinking
that
> by freezing the atoms in place it was creating great forces between
the
> atoms as they were kept from moving into their preferred orientation.

Would you expect a "real life" graphene sheet to curl?  Or should it be
"perfectly" flat?

This indicates that there are issues with the parameters used for
describing the bonding within the graphene sheet.  You have to go back
and fix this before going any further.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9167