[gmx-users] query about simulation of a protein containg a metal ion

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 4 17:25:14 CEST 2009

sangeeta kundu wrote:

a) Temperature coupling groups must include all atoms in the system. Do
not couple handfuls of atoms separately. So "Protein" and "Non-Protein"
are often right.

b) If you use -n you need to supply an index file, which you might make
with make_ndx. That index file must define all groups referred to above.
These groups need not correspond to molecules, residues or anything
else, so anything pdb2gmx said is not strictly relevant.

Mark