[gmx-users] deprotonated HIS in AMBER03 force field

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 6 04:20:19 CEST 2009

Yuno Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm simulating with zinc finger protein NMR structure (PDB ID: 2JUN).
>
> In this protein, only deprotonated HIS and CYS are placed with zinc ions.
>
> So, we tried with AMBER03 force field which has deprotonated CYS as CYM.
>
> But I couldn't find about deprotonated HIS in ffamber03.rtp file.
>

> Could anyone plz tell me how to use deprotonated HIS?

If that particular residue is not part of the original force field, you have to
do one of the following:

1. Find suitable parameters in the literature
2. Derive the parameters if they do not exist

If you are unfortunate and #2 is the case, you will have to go through the
time-consuming and difficult process of parameterization.  See here:

http://oldwiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Parameterization

And especially:

http://oldwiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Exotic_Species

-Justin

> Thank you all
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
>

> Yuno Lee, Master of Science
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Technical Research Personnel
> Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Lab (CBBL)
> Environmental Biotechnology National Core Research Center (EB-NCRC)
> Department of Biochemistry and Division of Applied Life Science (BK21
> program),
> Gyeongsang National University (GNU)
> 900 Gazwa-dong, Jinju, 660-701 Korea
> Email: yuno at gnu.ac.kr <mailto:yuno at gnu.ac.kr>, youknow at bio.gnu.ac.kr