[gmx-users] Segmentation Fault (Address not mapped)

Darrell Koskinen darrellk at ece.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 6 04:37:52 CEST 2009

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your comments.

I selected ffoplsaa as I was told in a response to one of my posts that
OPLS would work fine for air type simulations:
>> Also, I thought that ffoplsaa was to be used for liquids and since my
 >> simulation is in an air environment, I thought that I should be using
 >> the encad force field in a vacuum and should therefore be modifying
 >> an encad n2t file. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Encad is not made for vacuum. You have to verify your force field
anyway, for publication purposes. OPLS will work just fine though.

(The above was extracted from
http://oldwww.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2009-April/041070.html)

You indicate that I need to read the primary literature for the force
fields. Could you please tell me where this literature can be found? I
have searched using Google for the forcefields available for use in
GROMACS (G43b1, G43a1, G43a2, G45a3, G53a5, G53a6, gmx), but have not
found any primary literature for these force fields.

With regard to your comment about demonstrating that this force field is
doing a good job at representing ammonia in the gas phase, how can I
determine the diffusion of the pure ammonia gas? And what exactly do you
mean by a density constant? Do you mean the density of the gas? If so,
then the density is defined by the number of molecules and box size I
define in my .gro file, is it not? Also, the graphene is in an ammonia
vapour, not in a vacuum, and the graphene structure is not infinite but
has dimensions that fit well inside the simulation box. How would I
determine if my graphene structure is stable?

Thanks again.

Darrell