[gmx-users] question about mdrun -append

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:55:03 CEST 2009

I think this might be a bug in the checkpointing code.
The negative number is correct, these are the lower 32 bits of the file offset.
But they are combined incorrectly with the higher part.

Could you try changing line 781 of src/gmxlib/checkpoint.c from:
outputfiles[i].offset = ( ((off_t) offset_high) << 32 ) | ( (off_t) offset_low );
outputfiles[i].offset = ( ((off_t) offset_high) << 32 ) | ( (off_t) offset_low & 4294967295U );
recompile gmxlib and mdrun
and try to continue from the point that gave the error?
You might want to copy all the files to make sure you do not loose anything.

Please report back if this worked or not.

Berk