[gmx-users] Re: I need help for gromacs

Lili Peng lpeng at ucsd.edu
Sat Aug 8 19:58:17 CEST 2009

Hi Veli,

Try this:

genion -s EM.tpr -o oution.gro -np <your number of ions> -random

Select "3" to replace the water molecules with ions.
(Make sure you update your number of water molecules and ions in your
topol.top file.)

When you're learning Gromacs it's probably a good idea to consult tutorials
online first.  If the tutorials still don't address your problem, don't be
shy about addressing gmx-users because other people on this discussion list
probably have had or will have the same problem as you :).

Good luck,
-L